Thursday 26 November 2009

FAMOUS LAST WORDS.


Pardonnez-moi, monsieur. Je ne l'ai pas fait exprès.
- Marie Antoinette
as she approached the guillotine, convicted of treason and about to be beheaded, she accidentally stepped on the foot of her executioner.

I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.
- Humphry Bogart

Now comes the mystery
- Henry Ward Beecher

Ne pleure pas, Alfred ! J'ai besoin de tout mon courage pour mourir à vingt ans ! Don't cry, Alfred! I need all my courage to die at twenty!
- Variste Galois
Spoken to his brother Alfred after being fatally wounded in a duel.

Nobody shot me. - Frank "Tight Lips"
Gusenberg In response to a police officer who asked "Who shot you?"

When I hear that a man is religious, I conclude he is a rascal!
- David Hume

I'll be in Hell before you start breakfast! Let her rip!
Tom "Black Jack" Ketchum Said after springing up the gallow steps to his execution; the rope was too long, and he was decapitated

I haven't had champagne for a long time.
- Anton Chekhov A sanitarium nurse gave him champagne to ease his death from tuberculosis.

Kiss me Hardy
- Admiral Horatio Nelson

I am just going outside. I may be some time.
- Captain Lawrence Oates
while on Robert Falcon Scott's ill-fated Antarctic expedition, while suffering from frostbite and sheltering from a blizzard, Oates felt he was decreasing his companions' chances of survival. Oates voluntarily left the tent; it was his 32nd birthday. He was never seen again.

Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies.
- Voltaire
when asked by a priest to renounce Satan.

No me dejen morir así, digan que dije algo.
Don't let me die like this, say I said something.
- Emiliano Zapata
Mexican revolutionary during the Mexican Revoltion. He was shot in the back.

Go on, get out - last words are for fools who haven't said enough.
- Karl Marx
To his housekeeper, who urged him to tell her his last words so she could write them down for posterity.

No comments:

Post a Comment